You are welcome to visit one of the most prominent monuments of Kuwait; The Grand Mosque of Kuwait to have a close look at the beauty and charm of Islamic architecture and Arabic calligraphy which are clearly manifested within such a breathtaking place. Our staff would be delighted to take you on a guided tour inside the mosque explaining the exquisite details of the mosque. The Grand Mosque is located in Kuwait City on the Arabian Gulf Street opposite to Al-Sief Palace.
-A guided tour inside the main prayer hall & The Emir’s Hall
-Filling in a visit evaluation form.
Days/Hours: Sunday-Thursday, 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (Please send an e-mail prior to your visit with the number of visitors) Phone: 2241-8447\8 (Extensions 242/240/203) TheGrandMosque.net
The vision for Failaka Heritage Village and the Palace of Sheikh Abdullah Al Salam, a previous ruler of Kuwait commenced in 2002 under the auspices of the then Emir of Kuwait H.H. Sheikh Jaber Al Ahmed Al Jaber Al Sabah. The above task was further initiated by Masharee Al Khair Establishment a Kuwait charity, who placed the following message on the wall of the reception building:
“Our heritage was the greatest achievement of our ancestors, and our fathers kept it for us, we implant this heritage in the minds of our children, our heritage is a river full of light which we take continuously to guide us to the good, to the prosperity in the future. We owe a lot to our great heritage, which was the reason for what we have accomplished and achieved.”
His financial and moral support was a magnificent motive to keep the heritage area with all its contents and its environmental surroundings. So we have restored and renovated the whole area, just to keep the heritage of our ancestors and fathers, to reflect His Highnesses wish to give the new generation an idea of this great heritage, and from its revenue, the charity is fundingAccomodations: Fifty Heritage Houses, originally built sixty years ago, now fully restored and furnished with satellite television and ensuite facilities. Ikaros Hotel, coverted from the old police garrison to a four star standard, comprising 24 rooms. Book your room HERE.
The site of a bloody battle between the Kuwaitis and the Iraqis just before Liberation, Al-Qurain House is now a museum dedicated to those who laid their lives. A mounted Iraqi tank at the Jahra Gate roundabout at the end of Fahd Al-Salem Street is a reminder of the folly of war. Al-Qurain House is known to be the “symbol of Kuwaiti resistance.” It now houses a museum built to commemorate all those who lost their lives in that battle. So if you’re interested in reliving the horror of the battle and part of Kuwait’s historical past, a visit to this fascinating museum is recommended! 360Dewan blog has a great post with more information regarding this historical site HERE.
The Liberation Tower is the second tallest structure in Kuwait. Construction of the tower commenced before the Iraqi invasion of Kuwait on August 2, 1990. It was meant to be called The Kuwait Telecommunications Tower. When the invasion took place, construction, which was almost half-way complete, was put on hold. However, the structure received no damage, and construction resumed after Saddam Hussein’s forces were expelled on February 27, 1991. Upon completion in 1993, the tower was renamed the Liberation Tower, symbolizing Kuwait’s liberation from Iraq. The tower contains a revolving restaurant and observation platform (in the first disc-shaped pod; now closed to the public for security reasons), and also houses radio and other telecommunications offices. The structure stands at 372 meters high (1,220 ft) at its pinnacle. The roof of the second pod on the tower is 308 meters high (1,010 ft). It is similar to the CN Tower since both contain a revolving restaurant, observation platform, telecommunications equipment and similar architecture.
The Kuwait Towers are three towers of reinforced concrete in Kuwait City. The main tower is 187 metres high and serves as a restaurant & water tower. It also has a Viewing Sphere which rises to 123 meters above sea level and completes a full turn every 30 minutes. The second tower is 145.8 metres high and serves as a water tower. The third tower houses equipment to control the flow of electricity and illuminates the two larger towers. The towers hold 4,500 cubic meters of water. The towers were designed by Sune Lindström and Malene Björn and were built by Energoprojekt, a company from Belgrade, Yugoslavia. They opened to the public in March of 1979. The towers were heavily damaged by the Iraqis during their occupation of Kuwait from 1990 to 1991. In 1991, after the liberation of Kuwait City during the First Gulf War, Vic Clarke of Nottingham UK abseiled the Kuwait Water Towers during structural surveys. Mr. Clarke was introduced into Kuwait by Mr. Michael Stewart, of the Stewart Group International, also from Nottingham UK. There was substantial shell and bullet damage to the towers’ exteriors. The interior damage was mainly to electrical gear, mostly lift equipment. Some of the large triangular glazed panels shown in the photograph were also damaged by shell fire.
Standing opposite Seif Palace, Dickson House, home of the first British political envoy, stands as a symbol of the strong political ties between Kuwait and Britain. Built in the early 1900s, the house was used as the headquarters of successive British political envoys appointed to Kuwait, beginning with Colonel Knox in 1904, with the last and arguably the best known resident being Colonel Harold Dickson who left it in 1935 to work in the new headquarters at the British Embassy. After retiring, Colonel Dickson and his wife Lady Violet went back to live in the house. The colonel passed away in 1959 and his wife, known to Kuwaitis as Umm Saud, remained living there until the 1990 invasion of Kuwait when she was evacuated to Britain, where she died shortly afterwards.
This is a water fun park. Water slides, artificial wave pool & kids pool. The Aqua Park was inaugurated in 1995 in Kuwait City. It is the first and the biggest water park in the Arab Gulf Region spread over a total surface area of 60,000 m3 and is situated on the Arabian Gulf Road adjacent to the Kuwait Towers.
Impress friends, family and colleagues at this lavish restaurant in Kuwait, boasting an opulent, traditional gold-leaf décor and a welcoming ambience. Situated on the authentic largest dhow in the world, patrons enjoy charcoal grilled steak and seafood, along with a full salad bar and plated dessert. Savour succulent Arabic dates and coffee at the impressive Captain’s Diwaniya, and enjoy exclusive and dedicated service.
The Scientific Center of Kuwait (TSCK) fortifies the message of scientific awareness in the State of Kuwait, while strengthening its cultural heritage. Its activities are dedicated to spreading awareness and knowledge related to the environment. TSCK encourages people’s care and commitment in preserving the desert, marine life, and ecosystems of the Arabian Gulf region.
The Costa Del Sol Hotel is in the process of organizing the First Animation Art Show in Kuwait of the world’s largest private collection of Animation Production Cels & Drawings from Warner Brothers’ famous
“Batman: The Animated Series”
You can see part of the collection HERE.
Most of the collection is on display in the hotel. The display will be changed on a weekly basis (every Saturday). Sounds like a fun thing to go see!
Contact the hotel for more info: 1830-083
Click on the attached file below for a map to the hotel!