November 3, 2012 @ 11:00 pm – November 6, 2012 @ 12:00 am
Monthly on 5th of the month until November 6, 2012
Al-Sadu House (Arabian Gulf Road, Next to the National Museum)
Pretty Little ThingsFacebook.com/PLTQ8
Pretty Little Things will be at AlSadu House – the home of textiles – for their third installment and for that reason they have created a way to include an element of their beautiful venue in the theme of the show. They’ve called it the “Dolls & Textiles Edition” because they have commissioned a group of regional designers to dress fabric dolls in their signature creations. These fabulous creations will be sold to benefit their cause: building a second Pretty Little Things house in the orphanage. Come see their progress on the first house, celebrate their successes, and contribute to their next one. They will of course have their outdoor seating area, serve pots of complimentary tea, and have delicious burgers, grilled pizzas, crepe and frozen yogurt from Munch and Milk.
As for the lineup of brands taking part, they have:
- Hettabretz, flying in from Italy with the most divine leather and fur creations. Their creations are around the world in stores like Bergdorf Goodman in New York, Loewe in Madrid, Fortnum & Mason in London, and Neiman Marcus Dallas, among others. Hettabretz has been worn by Hollywood royalty like Audrey Hepburn and Elizabeth Taylor and has collaborated with Prada, Valentino, Louis Vuitton, and Ralph Lauren, to name a few.
- Trickponi showroom, based in Saudi Arabia which represents regional favorites Fyunka and L’Atelier Nawbar, as well as New York-based brands Shosh, Shui Chen, Giles & Brother, among others.
- Maians, a Barcelona-based brand of men and women’s shoes. The original Spanish plimsoll.
- Greet Touch Hydroponics, a Kuwait-based supplier of all you need to grow your own indoor herbs and vegetables without messy soil.
- Jars, a houseware and home decor shop that produces its own line of hand-painted bowls, boxes, trays and containers.
- Maze, a dazzling line of furniture and home accessories designed by Bibi Al Ghanim.
- Ivy, a line of leather handbags, hand-crafted in Lebanon.
- Lina Jewelry, a line of crochet metal jewelry dipped in precious metals.
- Oleana, a Kuwait-based baby and maternity store that sells the latest and most stylish essentials.
- So Lulu, a line of handmade jewelry by Lubna Al Naqeeb using semi-precious stones.
- Amna Alsalem, the Kuwaiti clothing label that caused pulses to race at its launch in the Missoni mere months ago.
Exhibition Dates (open daily from 3-10pm):
Saturday November 3
Monday November 5
Tuesday November 6